Shorewood Celebration of the Arts & Plein Air Shorewood 2016
The Village of Shorewood Public Art Committee invites all to Celebrate the Arts on Saturday, September 17, 2016. The one-day community-wide event will start at 8am and include a day of music, art, and the rededication of the iconic Jaume’ Plensa sculpture. It will also host a free, one-day plein air event at Atwater Park near the sculpture, culminating in a happy hour celebration with food and beverage available for purchase, live music, and a cacophony of professional artists selling their work and other art.
- Date: Saturday, September 17, 2016, from 8am to 8pm
- Location: Atwater Park, located at the east end of Capitol Drive, 4000 N Lake Drive, Shorewood, WI 53211.
- Live Music Lineup: String Quartet: 9-11am; School of Rock 12-1:30; Hot Damn Band 4-6pm; The Get Hot! 6-8pm
- All Artists Check In from 7am-10am at the Information Tent. Registration closes Friday, Sept. 16.
- All are welcome to go outside and paint in Shorewood. The best place to see finished art will be at the Happy Hour at the Lake, from 4-7pm. All sales conclude by 8pm. Professional artists will sell their work from their easels.
- Rain or Shine
- Contact: email@example.com, Jenny Heyden, Organizer