Shorewood Celebration of the Arts & Plein Air Shorewood 2016
The Village of Shorewood Public Art Committee invites all to Celebate the Arts on Saturday, September 17, 2016, when it will hold a one-day community-wide event that will continue to “Celebrate Shorewood and the Arts” – and in particular –the rededication of the iconic Jaume’ Plensa sculpture. It will also host a free, one-day plein air event at Atwater Park near the sculpture.
Date: Saturday, September 17, 2016, from 8am to 8pm
Location All Day, All Activities: Atwater Park, 4000 N. Lake Drive on the east end of Capitol Drive.
Friday, Sept. 16 Plein Air Kickoff Reception
- Free and Open to the Public Artists Meet and Greet Reception 5-8pm: Olson House, 4326 N Oakland Ave., Shorewood, WI 53211
Saturday, Sept. 17 Atwater Park, 4000 N Lake Drive
- 7-10am Artists Check in at the Lakefront – Atwater Park, 4000 N. Lake Drive, Shorewood
- 8am-8pm Food, Wine, Beer for sale at Metro Market Tent, Music throughout the day at Atwater Park
- 9am-12noon NEW For Kids of All Ages! Interactive Art Education – Hands On Artmaking with Artists Working in Education at Atwater Park
- 10am Re-Dedication and celebration of the 6th Anniversary of the Jaume Plensa Spillover II sculpture at Atwater Park
- 10-4 Artists paint at the lake and throughout the Village
- Businesses Participating with Shopwalk, Chalk art in front of locations – including Three Lions Pub, Swanky Seconds, and more!
- 4-7 Happy Hour and Art Sale. Enjoy a glass of wine, live music and the artists reconvening at the lake to show and sell finished pieces. All are welcome.
- 8pm Close.
Artist Interest Form 2016
- Live music, beverage and food will be provided for sale all day for the enjoyment of all residents, artists, the wider community, and individuals wishing to pay tribute to the artists and to sixth anniversary of the Jaume’ Plensa sculpture.
- All are welcome to go outside and paint in Shorewood. Professional artists will sell their work from their own easels until 8pm.
Produced by the Public Art Committee of Shorewood.
Questions/Contact: Jenny Heyden, Organizer, Info@pleinairshorewood.com
Why so small scale this year: The Public Art Committee will be launching a new public work currently targeted for October, 2016, thus the 2016 Plein Air Event has been simplified to one day, and the community invited to share the experience alongside artists.
Who can sell: Only professional artists possessing a seller’s permit will be authorized to sell work.
Parameters of artwork:
- Artwork of Shorewood, WI
- May be a piece from a previous year
- Does not need to be any particular size – if it fits on easel, it’s ok.
- Framing is not required.
- Village of Shorewood charges no fee and no commission for any sale
- No vending tents or structures of any kind are allowed.
- Other parameters may be added prior to the event