Welcome to the second annual Plein Air Shorewood 2014 Event — a community celebration of the arts, brought to you by the volunteer Public Art Committee of the Village of Shorewood, Wisconsin from September 17-20, 2014. Check out the two Photo Catalogs of Images for the Four Day Event:
1. Wednesday and Thursday: http://johnohara.zenfolio.com/pleinair2014
2. Friday and Saturday: http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/44521140_Zphnw2#!i=3558514739&k=VWRF84t
WINNERS of 2014 COMPETITION:
Nyle Gordon: In process with Cityscape Quick Paint- winning “North Shore Boulangerie”
SHOREWOOD PLEIN AIR – Professional artists painted outdoors in Shorewood from Wednesday, September 17 until Saturday, September 20, 2014, with events on each day, culminating in a sale of over 250 professional paintings of Shorewood.
There are four days of painting in the village, kicked off with a 3-Day paint on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, including during that time a Quick Paint on Thursday on Oakland Avenue and another on Saturday at the Lakefront at Atwater Park Bluff.
Awards were given to Artists at a Ceremony on Saturday, September 20, 2014 as part of the public Art Sale and Gala from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. at the Shorewood Public Library, 3920 N. Murray Avenue, Shorewood, WI 53211.
- Best of Show $2,000 Prize sponsored by Sommer’s Subaru
- 1st Place 3 Day Paint $1,000 Sponsored by Dr. Sue Ewens
- 2nd Place 3 Day Paint $750 Sponsored by Shorewood Woman’s Club
- 3rd Place 3 Day Paint $500 Sponsored by Shorewood Men’s Club
- Peoples’ Choice Award $500 Sponsored by Michael Y. O’Brian/Edward Jones Investments
- 1st Place Quick Paint Business District $1,000 Sponsored by Pat Algiers at Chemistry in Place
- 1st Place Quick Paint Lakefront $1,000 Sponsored by Andrew J. McCabe Allstate and Susie Popalisky Pop/Rapp Coldwell Banker
- Shorewood Historical Society Award: $200 plus a Shorewood History Book for best/unique depiction of Shorewood’s historic architecture. (Includes a home, business, apartment or public building).
- Community Spirit Award $300 Sponsored by Kensington Square Businesses
Would you like to donate or sponsor an element of the event? Contact Jenny at 414-534-6287 or email@example.com