Welcome to the third annual Plein Air Shorewood 2015 Event — a community celebration of the arts, brought to you by the volunteer Public Art Committee of the Village of Shorewood, Wisconsin from September 17-19, 2015.
It’s here! Calling all Plein Air Artists – Print the application and send it in!
Images from last year’s event: http://johnohara.zenfolio.com/pleinair2014 and http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/44521140_Zphnw2#!i=3558514739&k=VWRF84t
WINNERS of 2014 COMPETITION:
Nyle Gordon: In process with Cityscape Quick Paint- winning “North Shore Boulangerie”
SHOREWOOD PLEIN AIR – Professional artists painted outdoors in Shorewood from Thursday, September 17 until Saturday, September 219, 2015, with events on each day, culminating in a sale of over 250 professional paintings of Shorewood.
There are three days of painting in the Village, plus two quickpaints planned.
Awards were given to Artists at a Ceremony on Saturday, September 20, 2014 as part of the public Art Sale and Gala from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. at the Shorewood Public Library, 3920 N. Murray Avenue, Shorewood, WI 53211.
This year, we’ll have an additional two Honorable Mentions that will each pay $200. Total Prize Awards this year for 2015: $7,350!
Below are last year’s sponsors!
- Best of Show $2,000 Prize sponsored by Sommer’s Subaru
- 1st Place 3 Day Paint $1,000 Sponsored by Dr. Sue Ewens
- 2nd Place 3 Day Paint $750 Sponsored by Shorewood Woman’s Club
- 3rd Place 3 Day Paint $500 Sponsored by Shorewood Men’s Club
- Peoples’ Choice Award $500 Sponsored by Michael Y. O’Brian/Edward Jones Investments
- 1st Place Quick Paint Business District $1,000 Sponsored by Pat Algiers at Chemistry in Place
- 1st Place Quick Paint Lakefront $1,000 Sponsored by Andrew J. McCabe Allstate and Susie Popalisky Pop/Rapp Coldwell Banker
- Shorewood Historical Society Award: $200 plus a Shorewood History Book for best/unique depiction of Shorewood’s historic architecture. (Includes a home, business, apartment or public building).
- Community Spirit Award $300 Sponsored by Kensington Square Businesses