Welcome to the second annual Plein Air Shorewood 2014 Event – a community celebration of the arts, brought to you by the volunteer Public Art Committee of the Village of Shorewood, Wisconsin from September 17-20, 2014.
ARTISTS PAINT RAIN OR SHINE!
SHOREWOOD PLEIN AIR – Professional artists painting outdoors in Shorewood from Wednesday, September 17 until Saturday, September 20, 2014, with events on each day, culminating in a sale of over 200 professional paintings of Shorewood.
There is a 3-Day paint on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, including during that time a Quick Paint on Thursday on Oakland Avenue and another on Saturday at the Lakefront at Atwater Park Bluff.
Awards will be given to Artists at a Ceremony on Saturday, September 20, 2014 as part of the public Art Sale and Gala from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. at the Shorewood Public Library, 3920 N. Murray Avenue, Shorewood, WI 53211. Silent Auction closes at 9:00 p.m. while the event closes at 10:00 p.m.
The Following Prizes go to Artists
- Best of Show $2,000 Prize sponsored by Sommer’s Subaru
- 1st Place $1,000 Sponsored by Sue Ewens
- 2nd Place $750 Sponsored by Shorewood Woman’s Club
- 3rd Place $500 Sponsored by Shorewood Men’s Club
- Peoples’ Choice Award $500 Sponsored by Edward Jones Financial
- Shorewood Historical Society Award: $200 plus a Shorewood History Book for best/unique depiction of Shorewood’s historic architecture. (Includes a home, business, apartment or public building).
Link to the online version of our 2013 brochure!
Would you like to donate or sponsor an element of the event?
- Gala and Exhibit Information and Details – Gala on September 20, 2014, to host and sell the work created from 9/17-9/20.
- Media Contacts are listed here, along with press releases from 2013.
- Shorewood, Wisconsin, nightlife: http://expressmilwaukee.com/article-20680-reinventing-shorewood.html
- Shorewood Schools: Top in State of Wisconsin: http://shorewood.patch.com/articles/shorewood-top-high-school-in-state-us-news-ranks
- Spaces & Traces 2013: The Village of Shorewood (milwaukeehistoryblog.wordpress.com)
- 6 More Wisconsin Communities Named as “Bird Cities” (wsaw.com)