Welcome to the first annual Plein Air Shorewood Event – a community celebration of the arts, brought to you by the volunteer Public Art Committee of the Village of Shorewood, Wisconsin from September 19-21, 2013.
ARTISTS PAINT RAIN OR SHINE!
SHOREWOOD PLEIN AIR – 54 professional artists painting outdoors in Shorewood from Thursday, September 19 until Saturday, September 21, 2013, with events on each day, culminating in a sale of over 150 paintings.
There is a 2-Day paint on Thursday and Friday, followed by a Quick Paint on Saturday.
Click for Complete Plein Air Shorewood brochure
Awards given to Artists at a Ceremony on Saturday, September 21, 2013 as part of the public Art Sale and Gala from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. at the Shorewood Public Library, 3920 N. Murray Avenue, Shorewood, WI 53211. Silent Auction closes at 9:00 p.m. while the event closes at 10:00 p.m.
Link to the online version of our brochure!
Please check back frequently for to stay up-to-date on exciting new developments.
- Gala and Exhibit Information and Details – Gala on September 21, 2013, to host and sell the work created from 9/19-9/21.
- Media Contacts are listed here, along with press releases.
- Shorewood, Wisconsin, nightlife: http://expressmilwaukee.com/article-20680-reinventing-shorewood.html
- Shorewood Schools: Top in State of Wisconsin: http://shorewood.patch.com/articles/shorewood-top-high-school-in-state-us-news-ranks
- Spaces & Traces 2013: The Village of Shorewood (milwaukeehistoryblog.wordpress.com)
- 6 More Wisconsin Communities Named as “Bird Cities” (wsaw.com)